Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Who's Afraid Of The Big Bad Laser Reps?

Once again I look like a cheapo because my company does not have the same perks as the laser/pharma reps. You would think that most physicians are smart and understand why we don't have the same perks. Don't kid yourself. They are just a dumb as the rest of us. Allow me to play out the scenario for you.

Dr. Pinhead: Can you give us some free samples and pay for our catering for our open house tonight.

Me (what I actually say) : I am so sorry but you placed a really small order with us instead of the 30k order we had discussed.

(What I want to say) Um no we already discussed the dollar amount you should spend for these little extras. Did you not go to school for 10 years smart one?

Dr. Pinhead: Your company sucks, your company is cheap. Our laser company is paying for our food and is hemorrhaging free samples for our guests.

Me (what I actually say): I am so sorry you feel that way. However if you spent 200k+ (the price of the laser) with our company I promise you we would do all that and then fly out the owners of our company to present at your event. I did suggest a much larger order to start for you because you were interested in a higher level of support.

In regards to samples our company does not provide that for free. We spend our money on our formulations and this is a very expensive product to give away. We spend 7 to 10 times more on our ingredients than pharmaceutical companies do. So what your other companies are giving away is not costing them much at all. If you want free stuff that's them but.. if you want the best product on this planet, that's us. Also our company is a 15 million dollar company so obviously we can't provide the same perks as an 80 million/billion dollar company would.

(What I want to say) I am so sorry that you overspent your money in other areas of your business and really have not invested in our company. If you had spent some money on me then certainly I would have spent some on you, dummy. Instead I will give you a handful of samples and some brochures and you will just have to realize your mistake won't you?






No comments: