Sunday, December 2, 2007

Wax On. Eyebrow off.

There comes a time in every estheticians career where we give our client a botch wax job. I know you are thinking that this can't happen with a really skilled high level esthetician but I am here to tell you that it can. We have our moments.

I mistakenly ripped this clients brow off and still to this day I have no idea why. I can tell you that when wax is applied it can spread into un-chartered territory. I know this. I did this.

After I ripped her brow off I sat there and stared at her for probably 5 minutes. I pretended to be tweezing, shaping and cleaning off residual wax. While I was doing this I was thinking of ways to leave her for a minute just to get some air. I finally told her that I had to grab a tweezer because the one I was using was dull. She had no idea that she looked like a Chemo patient. I could see that she was completely relaxed with her eyes shut listening to my Norah Jones cd. I left the room to talk to my boss who is like the most fabulous eyebrow guru of San Francisco. Lets just say she was very California about it. These people do not stress about anything. I am jealous.

Lucky them.

The end result was the client got a year of eyebrow waxes, free make-up and a brow brush to fix the mistake. That's some serious swag. Truthfully I regret making the suggestion to give her all this stuff because after that she came back. I got such heartburn every time I saw her. I was hoping she would actually go away forever and take her crappy eyebrow with her.

Every time she came in after that I felt like such a loser.



No comments: