Sunday, December 2, 2007

An Inconveinent Wax

I had this French client who used to come in and ask me to do a full leg wax. She was in her 60's and had no hair on her legs. That's right you read correctly...no hair. Not only did she insist on getting her legs waxed, but she wanted me to go over each area twice, she said she could feel the hair.

I did not feel any hair.

This woman is fruit loops I thought to myself each and every time I went through this debacle. For those of you who are not waxers let me explain how it works. In order to wax properly we need to be able to see where we have not waxed. Hair would be a good indication of this because it tells us where to apply the wax. As we wax we can clearly see the next hairy patch needing removal. I promise you this is the schematic that all good waxers use. Its quite orderly.

Now I have 20/20 vision, x-ray vision in fact. So if I can't see hair nobody can. Because it was so difficult to deal with her "hair dis-morpha" I told the spa that I would not be seeing her again. I was losing money on her because she was taking up too much of my schedule. I worked on straight commission so time is money.

Lack of money talks and has a tendency to gossip, actually.


I forget how they handled it. What I remember is a woman in a heavy French accent screaming, "let me see Savana now" while pounding her fist on the counter.

I was sneaking out the back.

Au Revoir....

No comments: