Sunday, December 2, 2007

Body Treatments Are Not Free.

I used to give this guy a full body wax. He was a guy from San Francisco and probably in his mid 40's. I can usually do a full body wax including bikini area in a reasonable amount of time but this guy was difficult.

I've learned that there are people who have realized that there are ways to score spa freebies if they play their cards right. For example when I waxed his back and the back of his legs he would always ask me to do a partial butt wax. Now here is where I draw the line with men. Anything hanging out of the undies is fine. But there will be no butt waxing. I don't care if your a swimmer THAT falls into the Boy-Zillian category.

This guy also told me that he broke out from waxing and was wondering if I had anything for that. I said yes and recommend the proper products. He never bought the products but asked me to apply something after waxing to help with the breakouts. Somehow I let him pressure me into apply a anti-inflammatory clay to his entire body. Between cleaning the residual wax off and applying the clay we are talking about an extra 45 minutes of time. In my world that is just not acceptable. Time is money is this business. Every time this guy came in it was the same story and every time he would plead with me for this little extra waxing and his mud treatment.

Finally I put a note in his file asking the receptionist to bill him an extra $150 the next time he booked with her on the phone. Hey its the going rate and a girls gotta eat! She was to inform him of this before making the appointment. The next time he called, after hearing this, he decided not to book the appointment.

Good Riddance..

No comments: