Saturday, March 22, 2008

How To Eliminate Adult Acne- The Paleo Diet

If your dealing with adult acne there is one thing that you need to know; the cause. Believe me when I say its dietary.

I am not talking about eating to much chocolate or drinking too much coffee.
I'm talking about sugar, grain and dairy. The bottom line is they are not fit for human consumption. If you don't believe me just read the Paleo Diet book and try the diet for 4 weeks. Every single zit will be gone. I guarantee it.

The root cause of acne is always misunderstood. Most think that because oil exists on the skin during this time that it's the cause. They try to treat the oil, always unsuccessfully by burning the skin with chemical peels or drying the skin with Peroxide. Neither works long term and the acne returns. The reason for this is that the physiology and PH of the skin have not changed. This is fundamentally internal and must be done with diet.


The root cause of acne is inflammation and inflammation is always caused by food allergens. So why are we always trying to treat the oil? Long ago scientists discovered that many times oil was present in acneic skin conditions. It was known that the oil that was clogging the follicle was of a thicker nature; hence the clogging. The mission then became to treat the oil as it appeared to be the cause. I think the oil is there to protect the skin from inflammation. In essence oil production can increase we are under stress, or generally not treating ourselves well.

So what came first the chicken or the egg? Or in this case the inflammation or the oil?


I'm going to stake my vote on inflammation which is the cause of all disease.

So what causes inflammation?

Stop eating that candy and just read the book already...

No comments: