Tuesday, May 6, 2008

It Was The Best Of Times, It Was The Worst Of Times

New York, New York. The Big Apple. Everyone thinks we look super chic and flawless all the time. We just play it off better than the rest. This is the story about a sort of "we're not in Kansas anymore Toto" realization.

Sometimes I can't believe I used to put up with the kind of stuff I did. I just remembered a time when the old NYC rep left, and I added NYC to my existing 6 state territory. I was about a month into it and was not yet making money. I was still very much "California Wussified". Culture shock would be be putting it mildly.

So "Times Were Hard On The Blvd" as the old rap song says....I had debts to pay and it was 100 degrees in the shade...the subways maybe 110. I probably had sweat in inappropriate places..

Recently I had gotten a bit fat (hey I'm honest) and my new platform shoe from Nine West collapsed. I am convinced this is why. The shoes hurt to begin with which should have served as a warning.. but they were hot and cheap so I got them.

I had to spend all day walking around the city on my tippy toe, in this broken shoe, looking like I had survived polio. I just could not afford to buy new shoes.

Its a hard knock life...

No comments: